We have moved!!

Ladies & Gentlemen,

We have moved to a better site. Yes we have!!
Go to www.TanayPost.tk or simply click on the link.
Thanks and see you there!!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Laarni re: Tanayan Picnic 2008

This is great. A segue from Ukoy Festival to Edward de Bono is almost transcendental. But I have my own theory of what happened - the day started great.

There were very few people when Nanay, June and I came in at around 11 am. Ka Berta was already sitted and ready to sizzle her secret ukoy recipe in the big wok, she was originally in the corner where she can have peace and quiet but with a lot of brilliance, Betsog moved her closer to the "mob", the disciplined mob! By 12 pm the long table which was, at one point empty, was heaping with food, drinks and desserts (please see Betsog's litany). At 1 pm, the park was echoing with the words that only Tanayans can relate to- "eh inang-ina po", "lenteka", "ihhh talaga ba", "oooy bangganda mo ngayon", "hindi ka pa rin nagbabago" sagot ay "iiihh talaga ba?" ,"eh kutakutakot baga yan". Betsog had the presence of mind to introduce the " young ones" and the " young once" while the guys saw the basketball court and they were gone.

There was never a time that the attendees were either laughing, eating, dancing, singing or literally, playing around. The kids were all adorable-- from 1 yr. old Kalea to the early teenagers - they were all game and cooperating. Elsie's karaoke rendition of "Crazy" can only be bested by Patsy Cline herself. And talking about music, hey we got "Bulaklak", "Basketbol" and "jumbo Hotdog" to name a few. There goes the Tanay Civilization! Hindi po ako ang pumili ng mga kanta! hahaha. I was positively overwhelmed , the balik-tanaw and there were many of them, my Nanay's highschool classmate was even wearing a Tanay 100 year shirt- as well as bringing their yearbook from almost 60 years ago,amazing! !!! Mr. Frisco Mendez was there, the tennis great of Tanay- Mr. Antuerpia was enjoying himself. It was truly a perfect day for a picnic ... it started great and it ended great until Murphy's law hit me personally- MY CAMERA! I will take your consoling advice Freddie, so now I put my pics into words and I won't stop emailing everyone to email me the pics for my own posterity. Hayan, nakasingaw na ako!!

8-|Laarni

No comments:

Page Hits

Electric Wheelchair